Monday 26 November 2012

Trying to get organized...

Yes I have to clean up and get some organization. My dining room has been a disaster lately and we won't even talk about the living room.

Some storage drawers will help with the various components: one for fasteners and fittings like RCA jacks and speaker binding posts, another for resisters, capacitors, coils and another for belts, lamps, LEDs and wire. That's a start...

Selling some of the extraneous turntables and receivers is part of the plan and having a better spot to display them for photos and auditioning will help. The new record cabinet helped as it gives me a good spot to highlight pieces. I turned an empty console stereo cabinet into a storage unit for 300 or more records in a few hours. It holds about 1/4 of my record collection but the rest of them are at least in some other form of shelving. These ones were just in piles until the other day.

Before:

Cabinet

After:

Record cabinet

After getting this corner of my small place cleaned up I was able to quickly set up and swap in and out several pieces of gear for photos. One sold right away and others had interest. Another I just took the pictures for and did not advertise as I don't know if I can sell it...yet!

First, the Akai AP-004x turntable which is a very attractive turntable and a Sanyo DCX-1970k receiver.

Akai AP-004x 3

The Akai deserves another picture:

Akai AP-004x 4

This cute little Sansui R-5 receiver sold practically immediately after I Craigslisted it:

Sansui R-5.1 jpg

The Technics SL-D2 was up next:

Technics SL-D2 4

And one of the receivers I am not sure I want to sell, but took the pictures anyway, is the Mitsubishi DA-R10.

Mitsubishi DA-R10

I know I should get rid of it...pay some bills, reduce, unclutter...but darn! I like it...

Mitsubishi DA-R10 3








No comments:

Post a Comment